Transformation Central T-STEM Center believes that innovation is the fuel that drives economic growth and is essential to drive our nation forward; the role of STEM education cannot be overstated, from developing collaboration skills, promoting analytical and critical thinking, and fostering creativity to providing pathways to career opportunities and economic prosperity. Aligned with this belief, Transformation Central T-STEM Center leads STEM Education initiatives in order to:
- Align high school, postsecondary education, and economic development activities across the areas of STEM and the broader high school curriculum;
- Lead the transformation of teaching methods, teacher preparation, and instruction in science, technology, engineering, and math in the areas of high need across the state;
- Demonstrate how the implementation of T-STEM teaching and learning increases the number of Texas high school students from diverse backgrounds graduating prepared to succeed in postsecondary study and careers in STEM-related fields;
- Train administrators, principals, and teachers in effective leadership strategies for supporting T-STEM instruction in secondary schools;
- Disseminate promising practices and research-based strategies for integrated STEM teaching and learning to all high schools; and
- Ultimately prepare Texas students for rewarding careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.